Because Judges are public servants for the whole community, it is important for Judges to have a broad understanding of their community. That is especially true in a community as large and as diverse as Cook County.
From a very early age, Dawn has always been involved in many community groups in numerous formal and informal roles. Service to the community was instilled as an important value by her parents. She takes that commitment seriously, and will bring the same spirit to the bench.
- Madison Street Theater – Board Member 2011 to 2019
- United Way of Oak Park – Board Member 2007 to 2010
- Community Chest of Oak Park – Board Member 2017 to 2012
- Democratic Party of Oak Park “DPOP” – Frequent attendee and supporter
- Election Judge for municipal and national elections – 2020 to 2022
- Frank Lloyd Wright Trust – “Wright Plus Housewalk” Volunteer 2018, ‘19 & ‘23
- OPRF High School Hockey Club – Photographer 2015 to 2018
- OPRF High School Booster Club – Volunteer 2014 to 2019
- Brooks Middle School “BRAVO” Theater Group – Volunteer 2012 to 2016
- Holmes Elementary School PTO – Volunteer 2005 to 2012
Dawn supports numerous additional charitable organizations with financial contributions and frequent attendance at events, including: the Diversity Scholarship Foundation, the HLAI Charities Foundation, the SnowCity Arts Foundation; 91.5 WBEZ Chicago Radio; the Hephzibah Children’s Association; the Human Rights Campaign, and the Illinois Women’s Institute for Leadership.
Dawn has a wide range of personal interests and hobbies, including photography, landscaping, golfing, skiing, softball, hockey, and Tae Kwon Do (black belt in 2017).